If cooking isn’t quite your thing, but you have all the necessary tools, then this recipe is the perfect one for you! As a seasoned cook making my yellow rice is not coming from the box (no judgement), but it’s easier and less salty that way.
- WHITE RICE
- TURMERIC POWDER
- HYMILEYIN PINK SALT
- FRESH ONIONS
- FRESH GARLIC
- FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES
- BLACK PEPPER
- OLIVE OIL
- FROZEN WHITING FISH
- TOMATO PASTE
- PRESSURE COOKER
- AIR FRYER
WHITING FISH RECIPE
- Wild caught whiting fish put in fridge to defrost (clean your fish)
- In a bowl, place fish and add your preferred seasonings and oil to marinate fish
- After a 20+ minutes of marinating add fish to the air fryer
YELLOW RICE RECIPE
- (Pressure cooker on pasta or rice setting for 6 minutes)
- In a heated pot add a tbls of olive oil, freshly diced onions, minced or sliced garlic and frozen vegetables. Let them sauteed but extra cripsy.
- Add turmeric powder (colour) and salt (taste) Add water
- Clean your rice and add it to your pot. Let it cook for 6 mins (pressure)
HAITIAN SOS (TOMATO SAUCE)
- Heat pot on medium high heat and add oil
- Add onions to fry for a few seconds (legit a few seconds!)
- Add your tomato paste and mix it in well (DON’T LET IT COOK)
- Add water to your paste for a sauce consistency and season for taste. Add fresh onions for razzle dazzle.
Definitely let me know if you decide to make this meal and send me photos or tag me!
Leave a Reply